Which Newsreader do you use?
Gareth Slee
2005-08-06 20:12:14 UTC
Thought it might be an interesting exercise?

See
http//homepage.mac.com/gslee1/newsread.html

Gareth
Mike Causer
2005-08-06 20:41:29 UTC
Post by Gareth Slee
Thought it might be an interesting exercise?
See http//homepage.mac.com/gslee1/newsread.html
Hmmmmm, this redirects to http://www.microsoft.com/

Not all _that_ interesting.

Mike
Mike Williams
2005-08-06 21:23:42 UTC
Post by Mike Causer
Post by Gareth Slee
Thought it might be an interesting exercise?
See http//homepage.mac.com/gslee1/newsread.html
Hmmmmm, this redirects to http://www.microsoft.com/
That's because there needs to be a ":" between "http" and "//".
Without the ":" your browser doesn't recognise it as a URL.

If the "http://" were completely absent, most browsers will correctly
guess that it's a URL and add it, but if it's partly present they can
get a bit confused.

Try <http://homepage.mac.com/gslee1/newsread.html>
--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure
Gareth Slee
2005-08-06 20:49:19 UTC
Sorry this is the correct URL.

Gareth
Joe Parsons
2005-08-06 22:43:51 UTC
No, it's not.
Hywel Jenkins
2005-08-07 08:11:22 UTC
In article <***@individual.net>, ***@ntlworld.com
says...
Post by Gareth Slee
Sorry this is the correct URL.
http//homepage.mac.com/gslee1/newsread.html
Duh. Why didn't you just copy & paste it from your browser, rather than
typing it and making the same mistake a second time?
--
Hywel
http://kibo.org.uk/
Keith (Southend)
2005-08-06 20:51:56 UTC
Post by Gareth Slee
Thought it might be an interesting exercise?
See
http//homepage.mac.com/gslee1/newsread.html
--
Gareth
Mozilla Thunderbird
--
Keith (Southend)

'Weather Home & Abroad'
http://www.southendweather.net
Gareth Slee
2005-08-06 21:16:14 UTC
Is this really Gareth? The dedicated Mac user Gareth using Outhouse
Distress? Crossposting to 7 newsgroups? (I'd love to find out how this got
past my 5 group maximum). Gareth who's more than aware there's quite a
Dialog following in here?
Sorry it is me...
I've been trying out Virtual PC and Outlook Express.
First and last time...

Anyway if anyone's still interested the URl for the poll is
Gareth Slee
Gareth Slee
2005-08-07 18:08:26 UTC
Anyway if anyone's still interested the URl for the poll is http://
homepage.mac. com/gslee1/newsread.html
What about Qusnetsoft? ;)
Nice app that. I'm very impressed with it. When you consider the screen size
constraints involved they've done a very good job.
Gareth Slee
Gareth Slee
2005-08-07 19:29:34 UTC
Hiya Gareth Slee.
Post by Gareth Slee
What about Qusnetsoft? ;)
Nice app that. I'm very impressed with it. When you consider the screen
size constraints involved they've done a very good job.
Not bad is it? :)
Anyway, what about adding said options to the poll? ;)
The poll wasn't very well thought out. To be honest I wish I hadn't
bothered...
Gareth Slee
Paul Rooney
2005-08-06 21:15:57 UTC
On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 21:12:14 +0100, "Gareth Slee"
Post by Gareth Slee
Thought it might be an interesting exercise?
See
http//homepage.mac.com/gslee1/newsread.html
Kirsty Young.

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
Joe Cole
Gareth
Tom Randy
2005-08-08 23:35:30 UTC
Post by Gareth Slee
Thought it might be an interesting exercise?
See
http//homepage.mac.com/gslee1/newsread.html
Unison.
--
Chris: "Dad, what's a blowhole for?"
Peter: "I'll tell you what it's NOT for and then you'll know why I can