With god on oer side..
Pingu.
2005-07-13 00:24:17 UTC
Ok! Ive never been the religeous tipe, bvut recent happenings have had me
thinking. And one thing that sprung to mind was the song by the neville bros
(ok so its a Dylan cover) "with god on our side" from this album

http://www.nevilles.com/neville_discog/yellowmoon.html

I remember in the late 80's this song/artist(s) were on my mind thanks to
Simon Bates of radio1.( he had just come back from his circumnavigation of
the globe and had an astounding story to tell)

I do hope you will take the time to download this song as it has a profound
effect on the phyche and is a very powerfull haunting peice of music.

all I want to say is, " may the world live in harmony witth each other,
without predudice brought on by any amount of hatred regardless of who
started it"

Oh! and an after thought.. have you heard of Anada shanker? he covered such
artists as "The rolling stones" and the "Doors".. If you get a chance then
please sing with me and sing along with "Raghupati" Its all in English so
its cuite easy :-)) Youll feel better for it I assure you.
Pingu.
Pingu.

Pingu.
lethe
2005-07-13 11:05:43 UTC
Pingu. wrote:

I dunno; it just disappeared. I can't hear the
words of songs anyway.
Diction isn't what it used to be.

Lethe
kat
2005-07-13 11:08:03 UTC
lethe said
Post by lethe
I dunno; it just disappeared. I can't hear the
words of songs anyway.
Diction isn't what it used to be.
Lethe
http://bobdylan.com/songs/withgod.html

The original lyrics. Manfred Mann left out the spanish American war
verse.
--
kat
^..^<
Pingu.
2005-07-13 11:32:01 UTC
"kat" <snip>
Post by kat
http://bobdylan.com/songs/withgod.html
The original lyrics. Manfred Mann left out the spanish American war
verse.
--
kat
^..^<
I think there were a few added words by the neville bros too! Thanks for
the pst Kat, I read hte words with the tune in my mind. The version I heard
was sung with such a sweet but menacing mannerism, that the song has had an
effect on me since I first heard of it in the latr 80's

I guess its still relevent nowadays too.
Pingu.
kat
2005-07-13 12:12:43 UTC
Pingu. said
Post by Pingu.
"kat" <snip>
Post by kat
http://bobdylan.com/songs/withgod.html
The original lyrics. Manfred Mann left out the spanish American war
verse.
I think there were a few added words by the neville bros too! Thanks
for the pst Kat, I read hte words with the tune in my mind. The
version I heard was sung with such a sweet but menacing mannerism,
that the song has had an effect on me since I first heard of it in
the latr 80's
I guess its still relevent nowadays too.
And it was written long before then.

Plus sa change, plus sa meme chose. As they say.
--
kat
^..^<
kat
2005-07-13 02:12:46 UTC
Pingu. said
Post by Pingu.
Ok! Ive never been the religeous tipe, bvut recent happenings have
had me thinking. And one thing that sprung to mind was the song by
the neville bros (ok so its a Dylan cover) "with god on our side"
from this album
http://www.nevilles.com/neville_discog/yellowmoon.html
I remember in the late 80's this song/artist(s) were on my mind
thanks to Simon Bates of radio1.( he had just come back from his
circumnavigation of the globe and had an astounding story to tell)
I do hope you will take the time to download this song as it has a
profound effect on the phyche and is a very powerfull haunting peice
of music.
The cover I fell for was by Manfred Mann and I got it in the 60s. I
reckon the words stayed with me for ever since. Of course, I have
listened to it since as well, though for a long time I couldn't as it
was on an old vinyl disc and I had no turntable usable.
--
kat
^..^<
ziL
ziL
kat
2005-07-13 07:49:39 UTC
ziL said
Post by ziL
Post by kat
The cover I fell for was by Manfred Mann and I got it in the 60s. I
reckon the words stayed with me for ever since. Of course, I have
listened to it since as well, though for a long time I couldn't as
it was on an old vinyl disc and I had no turntable usable.
You're up late?
I was indeed. Been simming.:-)
--
kat
^..^<
lethe
2005-07-13 10:59:53 UTC
Post by kat
ziL said
Post by ziL
Post by kat
The cover I fell for was by Manfred Mann and I got it in the 60s. I
reckon the words stayed with me for ever since. Of course, I have
listened to it since as well, though for a long time I couldn't as
it was on an old vinyl disc and I had no turntable usable.
You're up late?
I was indeed. Been simming.:-)
Yeah? must be very interesting. I was up and down
all night trying to cool off. :-/

Lethe
Pingu.
2005-07-13 11:05:05 UTC
"lethe" <snip>
Post by lethe
Yeah? must be very interesting. I was up and down
all night trying to cool off. :-/
Lethe
I think I slept well.. I used a duvet cover as a quilt! I wooke up nice and
cool! :-)
Pingu.
ziL
2005-07-13 11:25:37 UTC
Post by Pingu.
"lethe" <snip>
Post by lethe
Yeah? must be very interesting. I was up and down
all night trying to cool off. :-/
I think I slept well.. I used a duvet cover as a quilt! I wooke up nice and
cool! :-)
Oh good, I'm glad it worked! I'll try that tonight.

I'm sweating just sitting in my room at the moment. Don't like having a
first floor room :o(
ziL
Pingu.
2005-07-13 11:31:49 UTC
"ziL" <snip>
Post by ziL
Oh good, I'm glad it worked! I'll try that tonight.
I'm sweating just sitting in my room at the moment. Don't like having a
first floor room :o(
--
ziL
I dont know if I should congradulate your decision, or slap you with a
haddock!
Pingu.
kat
2005-07-13 11:05:43 UTC
lethe said
Post by lethe
Post by kat
ziL said
Post by ziL
You're up late?
I was indeed. Been simming.:-)
Yeah? must be very interesting. I was up and down
all night trying to cool off. :-/
I have a desk fan beside the computer - I think that had a certain
attraction. ;-)
--
kat
Post by lethe