Luton
ziL
2005-07-12 18:08:08 UTC
I know it has a bad press, but I'm honestly in love with the place. When I
hear its name, or return to it, I truly get the feelings in my heart you get
when in love with someone.

This meant that when I saw it on the news today, as they found that car
there, I was aching inside. The pictures were places I knew really, really
well, and I know many people that live within a minute of the area.

It felt like somebody had trashed the place - almost like they were
trespassing in my home. It felt as though it'd been broken into, and all
the things I held dear had been somehow sullied.

I know this sounds like melodrama. I'm certainly over it now, but a little
subdued. Surprising reaction.
ziL
Gareth Slee
2005-07-12 18:12:44 UTC
Post by ziL
I know it has a bad press, but I'm honestly in love with the place. When
I hear its name, or return to it, I truly get the feelings in my heart you
get when in love with someone.
This meant that when I saw it on the news today, as they found that car
there, I was aching inside. The pictures were places I knew really,
really well, and I know many people that live within a minute of the area.
It felt like somebody had trashed the place - almost like they were
trespassing in my home. It felt as though it'd been broken into, and all
the things I held dear had been somehow sullied.
I know this sounds like melodrama. I'm certainly over it now, but a
little subdued. Surprising reaction.
This is the sort of reaction terrorists want.
Gareth Slee
Mrs Ponder
2005-07-12 18:23:50 UTC
Hiya Gareth Slee.
Post by Gareth Slee
Post by ziL
I know it has a bad press, but I'm honestly in love with the place. When
I hear its name, or return to it, I truly get the feelings in my heart you
get when in love with someone.
This meant that when I saw it on the news today, as they found that car
there, I was aching inside. The pictures were places I knew really,
really well, and I know many people that live within a minute of the area.
It felt like somebody had trashed the place - almost like they were
trespassing in my home. It felt as though it'd been broken into, and all
the things I held dear had been somehow sullied.
I know this sounds like melodrama. I'm certainly over it now, but a
little subdued. Surprising reaction.
This is the sort of reaction terrorists want.
I agree with Gareth.
Jane.
ziL
2005-07-12 18:29:17 UTC
Post by Mrs Ponder
Hiya Gareth Slee.
Post by Gareth Slee
This is the sort of reaction terrorists want.
I agree with Gareth.
I know. It's sad that they can manipulate so effectively.

I'm over it now, though - looking forward to going there in a couple of
weeks.

Oh, and yes - I will be arriving by train. :o)
ziL
Mrs Ponder
2005-07-12 18:33:50 UTC
Hiya ziL.
Post by ziL
Post by Mrs Ponder
Hiya Gareth Slee.
Post by Gareth Slee
This is the sort of reaction terrorists want.
I agree with Gareth.
I know. It's sad that they can manipulate so effectively.
I'm over it now, though - looking forward to going there in a couple of
weeks.
Oh, and yes - I will be arriving by train. :o)
Good you can't let the terrorists win. The latest news that they think
one of the terrorists died on the tube at Aldgate.
Jane.
ziL
2005-07-12 18:33:51 UTC
Post by Mrs Ponder
Hiya ziL.
Post by ziL
Post by Mrs Ponder
Hiya Gareth Slee.
Post by Gareth Slee
This is the sort of reaction terrorists want.
I agree with Gareth.
I know. It's sad that they can manipulate so effectively.
I'm over it now, though - looking forward to going there in a couple
of weeks.
Oh, and yes - I will be arriving by train. :o)
Good you can't let the terrorists win. The latest news that they think
one of the terrorists died on the tube at Aldgate.
Mm, they've confirmed the bombings as the first ever suicide bombings
Britain's experienced, as far as I can tell.

What they found in Luton was the abandoned car of one of the four bombers -
he met the other three at Luton after they'd travelled from Leeds, and they
went to Kings Cross together.

Liz has been glued to the news all afternoon!
ziL
Mrs Ponder
2005-07-12 21:05:01 UTC
Hiya ziL.
Post by ziL
Post by Mrs Ponder
Hiya ziL.
Post by ziL
Post by Mrs Ponder
Hiya Gareth Slee.
Post by Gareth Slee
This is the sort of reaction terrorists want.
I agree with Gareth.
I know. It's sad that they can manipulate so effectively.
I'm over it now, though - looking forward to going there in a couple
of weeks.
Oh, and yes - I will be arriving by train. :o)
Good you can't let the terrorists win. The latest news that they think
one of the terrorists died on the tube at Aldgate.
Mm, they've confirmed the bombings as the first ever suicide bombings
Britain's experienced, as far as I can tell.
What they found in Luton was the abandoned car of one of the four bombers -
he met the other three at Luton after they'd travelled from Leeds, and they
went to Kings Cross together.
Liz has been glued to the news all afternoon!
The car had explosives in it. They have named one of the bombers. He
is Pakistan.
Jane.
Hyphen
2005-07-12 21:09:17 UTC
He is Pakistan.
Wow, that's quite some feat :-)
--
Hyphen
http://www.khyle.org.uk/
Beaker
2005-07-12 21:14:12 UTC
Post by Hyphen
He is Pakistan.
Wow, that's quite some feat :-)
<snigger>
--
Beaker
Muppet Labs. inc.
I'm not the only muppet in here!
Pingu.
2005-07-12 18:28:18 UTC
"ziL" <snip>
Post by ziL
hear its name, or return to it, I truly get the feelings in my heart you get
when in love with someone.
This meant that when I saw it on the news today, as they found that car
there, I was aching inside. The pictures were places I knew really, really
well, and I know many people that live within a minute of the area.
It felt like somebody had trashed the place - almost like they were
trespassing in my home. It felt as though it'd been broken into, and all
the things I held dear had been somehow sullied.
I know this sounds like melodrama. I'm certainly over it now, but a little
subdued. Surprising reaction.
--
ziL
At first I thought you were just homesick.. then realised something may have
happened there today..I googled and found this.

http://www.lutononline.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=541&ArticleID=1082803

Oh dear! after the recent events its hardly surprising that there is so
much hysteria around.. Birminham,Mnchester.as well as Luton. Hopefully the
folk responsible will be found.

And a word to lazy parkers.. dont leave your vehicle badly parked anywhere!
Pingu.
GbH
2005-07-12 18:54:59 UTC
I know it has a bad press, but I'm honestly in love with the place. When I hear
its name, or return to it, I truly get the feelings in my
heart you get when in love with someone.
This meant that when I saw it on the news today, as they found that
car there, I was aching inside. The pictures were places I knew
really, really well, and I know many people that live within a minute
of the area.
It felt like somebody had trashed the place - almost like they were
trespassing in my home. It felt as though it'd been broken into, and
all the things I held dear had been somehow sullied.
Violated even?
I know this sounds like melodrama. I'm certainly over it now, but a
little subdued. Surprising reaction.
--
"He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt her doing it."

If at first you don't succeed,
maybe skydiving's not for you!
Pingu.
2005-07-12 19:19:55 UTC
"ziL" <snip>
Post by ziL
hear its name, or return to it, I truly get the feelings in my heart you get
when in love with someone.
This meant that when I saw it on the news today, as they found that car
there, I was aching inside. The pictures were places I knew really, really
well, and I know many people that live within a minute of the area.
It felt like somebody had trashed the place - almost like they were
trespassing in my home. It felt as though it'd been broken into, and all
the things I held dear had been somehow sullied.
I know this sounds like melodrama. I'm certainly over it now, but a little
subdued. Surprising reaction.
--
ziL
Ok! four men def identified, and one arrested in west yourkshire with
bombmaking equipment still!
Pingu.
k***@yahoo.co.uk
2005-07-12 19:49:36 UTC
Luton is a breeding ground for Muslim suicide bombers. With a paki on
every street corner Luton is a dangerous place to live.
Ponder
2005-07-12 19:55:04 UTC
Oh look.

Google is a breeding ground for idiots, please check before responding ;)
--
+++Traffic wardens are nice people. P.S. Back in 2 mins.
Ponder - http://www.colin-jones.co.uk - ICQ# 1707811
.Creator of the mighty HEX.
John the R-T
2005-07-12 19:54:33 UTC
Post by Ponder
Oh look.
Google is a breeding ground for idiots, please check before responding ;)
Nearly as bad as .alt.net

IP range 217.42.0.0 - 217.44.255.255
* Please send abuse reports to ***@btbroadband.com
--
John the R-T
Do NOT reply to the heypete address. Reply to is valid
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.payne32/
m***@privacy.net
2005-07-12 22:24:07 UTC
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:54:33 GMT, John the R-T
Post by John the R-T
Post by Ponder
Oh look.
Google is a breeding ground for idiots, please check before responding ;)
Nearly as bad as .alt.net
IP range 217.42.0.0 - 217.44.255.255
Not one for free speech are you John?

But you are one for the rights of Muslims and Pakis, aren't you John?

You'd be happy to fill the country with them, wouldn't you John?
John the R-T
2005-07-12 22:38:02 UTC
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:24:07 +0100, ***@privacy.net wrote:

<snip troll drivel>

Last response to you.
m***@privacy.net
2005-07-13 01:08:37 UTC
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:38:02 GMT, John the R-T
Post by John the R-T
<snip troll drivel>
Last response to you.
Good. I don't really want to converse with terrorist bomb supporters.

With a bit of luck, one of these people you support will take out you,
or a member of your family.

Let's see how much you support them then.
Ponder
2005-07-13 03:34:57 UTC
Post by m***@privacy.net
Good. I don't really want to converse with terrorist bomb supporters.
[Snip]

One and only response:

It's xenophobia that's the cause of all this in the first place.
--
+++No. Not ever. Never. Well.....
.Creator of the mighty HEX.
m***@privacy.net
2005-07-13 17:52:36 UTC
Post by Ponder
Post by m***@privacy.net
Good. I don't really want to converse with terrorist bomb supporters.
[Snip]
It's xenophobia that's the cause of all this in the first place.
See, I told you it wasn't the fault of the bombers. It's everybody's
fault but their's, isn't it? We MADE them kill all of those people in
London, didn't we?

You screwed up fuck!

ziL
2005-07-12 19:58:56 UTC
Post by k***@yahoo.co.uk
Luton is a breeding ground for Muslim suicide bombers. With a paki on
every street corner Luton is a dangerous place to live.
So is everywhere in Great Britain.
Jane.
Hyphen
2005-07-12 21:09:18 UTC
Post by Mrs Ponder
Post by k***@yahoo.co.uk
Luton is a dangerous place to live.
So is everywhere in Great Britain.
I feel pretty darn safe in Nottingham...

Yes, I'm more wary when I'm in other cities, but I've never felt safer here.
--
Hyphen
http://www.khyle.org.uk/
Mrs Ponder
2005-07-12 21:23:39 UTC
Post by Hyphen
Post by Mrs Ponder
Post by k***@yahoo.co.uk
Luton is a dangerous place to live.
So is everywhere in Great Britain.
I feel pretty darn safe in Nottingham...
Yes, I'm more wary when I'm in other cities, but I've never felt safer here.
I feel safe in Cardiff.
Jane.
Beaker